Thursday, June 17, 2010

thts why my dad says education should be equal n free for all at all levels..

The other day I visited a neighborhood temple. As I came out some kids (most of them have parents who are working as maids, servants or unskilled labourers) from the adjoining village gathered around me and requested “Didi please get us notebooks”. I agreed and told them whosoever will recite poems and tables will get pencils and erasers also. In a zeal to impress me all of them tried brilliantly, particulary, this five year old boy working in nearby dhaba.He so eloquently sang all the tables from 2 to 10 in a single go in Hindi (I still remember his dau ekam dau, dau duni chaar, dau tiya chee) that even the stationary shop owner from where I got them notebooks and pencils was overwhelmed and he gifted all of them pencil boxes. All the kids were happy and jubilant. I wish this unprivileged budding talent really gets an environment to blossom. I wish education at all levels is free.

No comments: